Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Slow and Steady

The new novel is starting to make some progress. Right now I am about 20% completed with some of the initial revising of the book. I had to redesign my main characters along with a number of supporting cast. I felt that the direction the first two revisions were going did not feel believable. This book hopefully won't take as much in the revision process that the first novel took.

Just as a side note - the first novel had 18 total revisions over the course of 9 months. This includes a complete revision made after I received it back from my editor. Andrea Reynolds did an amazing job on the editing (copy and line). I am definitely working with her again on future projects.

The new cover design will be here soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what my designer comes up with for the first novel. It should really help the image of the book and series.

No comments:

Post a Comment