Friday, August 28, 2015

Time for a change...

Looking at my Blog, I apologize to all of my readers for not posting in such a long time.

One of my quirks is that I am a perfectionist. I've tried over the years to shed this, but no matter what I do it never works. I think that is one of the reasons why I've struggled professionally and personally over the past few years. Granted, the personal losses these past two years have also placed a strain on me.

Anyways, I've continued to work toward getting back into teaching. I've interviewed a number of times and each time I walked away feeling confident that I did my best in the process. To date, no one has offered me a position in education. My current status in engineering is good. I'm respected. I've been told that I'm valuable. I even got a raise a few weeks ago. Yet, I don't feel as though I'm making a contribution in this life. I think most of it comes from the idea in my heart that I am destined to help change the world for the better. Education provided that vehicle as well as writing my novel. But my education career has not been jump-started by a new position. And my novel isn't selling very much. So the question is - "What is going on and how do I fix it?"

I recently watched a video from Joel Osteen. One of the things that really struck me was the idea that you need to be thankful for the little things before the big things become evident in your life. I think that's where my life has been as of late. Even though I do not have my dream job or a best-selling novel, I never really thanked God for what he has done in my life. Because of this, I think that's why I've struggled so much. The Bible teaches us that God loves us unconditionally. He is waiting for us to need him so that he can give so many blessings that it would make our heads spin. The trick, however, is just like Joel said - "that we need to thank him for the little things in order to receive the bigger things."

I believe that it's time for me to change my life and attitude. I need to remain thankful for the things God has blessed me with in my life. I need to stop complaining about my situation and look for the good things each day.

That is what today's Blog is about - Time for a change.

So, I am thankful that I have a house, a vehicle that gets us places, my amazing wife, my awesome daughter, a decent job that pays the bills, great family, good friends, good health, and my talents. I pray that I continue to develop my talents to honor what God has given me. I pray that my situation changes to whatever God wants me to do in this life. And, I pray that those who follow my Blog or writing see the goodness in their lives as well.

As of today, I'm tossing out the negative and self-defeating thoughts in my life. I am unique. I am a work in progress.

The new novel is progressing. I am about 3/4 of the way finished with the new re-write of the book. Hopefully, I can get it done within the next few weeks so that it can go out to my first-round Beta readers. After that, it goes to a second-round of Beta readers before heading to my editor.

I hope you have a great night!

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment